Laboratory Services (Pathology)
High-quality services and advanced technology
At Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center, our state-of-the-art testing, integrated medical records, and excellent service are a key part of our comprehensive care. Our laboratory professionals are well equipped to manage everything from routine diagnostic tests and screenings to providing valuable information for doctors to develop care plans for complex disease.
Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center’s laboratories are dedicated to high-quality service and patient-centered care. Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and immunohematology
- Immunology, immunochemistry and serology
- Microbiology and virology
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology – The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics – Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology – The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics – DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology – The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.
The laboratory located within our hospital is staffed 24 hours a day, and doctors are promptly provided test results to assist them with patient care decisions for inpatients.
Outpatient laboratory testing available through Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center is located in Northwest Medical Center at 2210 Barron Road in Poplar Bluff. Patients with a physician's subscription can have various types of laboratory testing completed in an outpatient setting and promptly receive testing results.